Our hiring process is based on open spots and people’s professional and personal development. Hence, we designed a process based on education, learning by doing, and career plan.
Open Spots and Requirements
The open spots are related to the following profiles:
Works to develop large web apps, communicate with the team and clients as well as with the design team to review features. Moreover, it’s oriented to fulfill the tasks based on agile development. Discussing architecture, developing in React /Node/React Native/JS, and defending processes that implement quality are the central tasks for this spot.
- Develop, and launch web and mobile applications.
- Development of large web apps
- Communication with the team and customers
- Communication with Design team to review features
- Fulfill your tasks based on agile development
Specific skills requirements:
- React Js
- React Native
- Node Js
- Rest API
- Mongo Db
- Elastic Search
- Team work.
- Self manageable.
- At least 2 years of experience
- Intermediary English
- Machine Learning
Works to design, develop, launch web and mobile applications. It’s all about creating experiences that people can use with ease and delight, so a key design skill is learning how to make that experience the best it can be. Expertise in Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD or other tools, experience in guiding clients and designing sprints and strong knowledge of UX and UI design process, methodologies and frameworks are the basis to work as a Full stack Designer.
- Design, and launch web and mobile applications.
- Analyze and understand project requirements;
- Communicate with the customer and their team;
- Lead digital product design processes;
- Develop ideas in a participatory and iterative way;
- Design digital interfaces and information architectures;
- Inlay design decisions with data and heuristics;
- Specify design deliverables to the development team;
- Present product design projects;
- Work according to the existing guidelines;
- Create and develop new guidelines;
- Review and test implemented solutions;
- Train designers or member from other departments;
- Experience in web and mobile digital product projects;
- Expertise in Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD or other tools;
- Mid-level English to communicate with teams abroad;
- Experience in guiding clients and designing sprints;
- Strong knowledge of UX and UI design process, methodologies and frameworks;
- Be communicative, proactive and self-manageable;
- BA, BS or technical degree in Design or correlated areas;
- 2 years of experience;
- Mid-level English;
- Expertise in coding languages such as HTML, CSS, and JS;
- Expertise in prototyping tools such as Framer, Principle, Adobe After Effects, Webflow or similars;
This position was designed to last from 6 months to 2 years and it’s based on a training process tailored according to the needs, aiming to jump to Developer as soon as possible.
The 4 stages of the hiring process aim at measuring technical prowess, communication skills, and management abilities for UX designer and Developer positions:
- Application form through the career section of our website to appraise the ownership of technical skills, as well as the alignment to our values and behaviors;
- Technical Interview: here we have an open conversation with the candidate, that’s the best way we found so far to evaluate the professional experience. At the same time, this step focuses on the ability to understand the technical ability of coding by solving some challenges.
- Project: in this step, we send the specs for a project that needs to be delivered in a week. At this stage, we mainly evaluate abilities, skills, and good practices. According to the needs, we may require one more task to fulfill to evaluate candidates’ qualities, such as problem-solving skills.
- Group assessment: when we need to appraise leadership, team-work, and management qualities, we usually invite the candidates to a group assessment. This final step can be applied using pair programming, soft skills challenge, technical presentations.
At the end of the process, candidates are shortlisted and each new collaborator starts the on-boarding process to acquire knowledge organizationally and technically.
Our on-boarding process is designed to maximize learning opportunities, knowledge sharing, and professional development. Reading is awesome and necessary, but true growth is achieved through learning by doing. Hence, the process lasts 1 week in order to be fully integrated on our culture and the topics vary according to the role.
- Welcome meeting, by presenting our organization, culture and main practices;
- Roles and responsibilities review, including expectations;
- Presenting the routine and standards for the team;
- Explaining the rules of the physical space;
- Explaining the playbook and the career plan;
- Tech systems set up and training;
- Mentor assignment;
- Data checking, work card, keys of the office and other documentation;
- Choosing and purchasing the materials needed to perform;
- Access to the organization tools.
- Transition and Learning Mobix’s practices;
- Reading books;
- Attending trainings to perform;
- Project assignment - one project per day;
- Tasks to fulfill for each project;
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest” - Benjamin Franklin.
We strongly believe that education makes us more agile when taking decisions. For this reason, we tailored our education cycle by using the following spaces:
- Bimonthly internal talks Every 15 days we gather some people to discuss a topic of interest. It’s a moment for people to improve their public speaking skills, study about something they like and share their learnings and knowledge around the company. At the end of the presentation, beer and pizza are on us!
- Open office We believe that sharing knowledge and practices between organizations is an added value to exploit fully. For this reason, our office’s doors are open to anyone employed in other companies to work for a limited period with us and vice versa our collaborators are encouraged to share their learnings and information with other organizations.
Courses and books
“Those people who develop the ability to continuously acquire new and better forms of knowledge that they can apply to their work and to their lives will be the movers and shakers in our society for the indefinite future.” ― Brian Tracy
As already stated, we value education in all its declination. Therefore, Mobix is committed to buying technical books and courses (online and offline) for anyone who claims for it, taking into consideration our possibilities.
- Conferences and events We strive to achieve our vision not only by tailoring software solutions but also by using the power of knowledge and networking to unlock human potential. Conferences and events are a precious source for meeting professionals and gaining knowledge to grow personally and professionally. During a 6-months period, people are encouraged to give back as much as they can, so Mobix will buy tickets for any technical conferences deemed worthy by the employees, and if one of ours approves a talk in a conference, whether it’s local or international, she/he is granted a bonus for their further collaboration in sustaining the community we are a part of. Keeping an eye on conference submission deadlines helps everyone in doing so.
- English talks Since the majority of our clients are offshore, we raise the level of English throughout the company. For this reason, all the company’s communication is done in English. We also participate in international programs held by volunteering organizations like AIESEC, in order to welcome worldwide professionals which leads us to practice our English skills.
Career Development Plan
For the whole team, the benefits are the same independently of the position:
- 22 working days of vacation;
- A Macbook laptop;
- Super flexible working hours;
- Meal vouchers;
- Monthly happy hour with the whole team;
- Access to courses, training, and conferences;
- Be part of an outstanding team and work with big companies;
- Work in a company that has strong executive support for Design;
- R$ 120,00 monthly ticket/budget to spend the way you want.